Sunday, June 21, 2009

Husband Of The Year Awarded to James!

My husband planned the best weekend to celebrate our 18th wedding anniversary! He booked us a suite at Nostalgic Place Bed and Breakfast in Arcadia, MO, but that is only the beginning. He had every detail worked out with Margot who is one of the owners. When I arrived in the suite I had a dozen red roses, a dozen chocolate covered strawberries, and freshly brewed tea with Splenda waiting for me. I was so impressed. The suite was beautiful and comfortable. We enjoyed just relaxing there. James scheduled a massage for me before breakfast on Sat. At first I thought that was kind of early, but it was great! She came to our room, so I didn't have to get up and go anywhere. I just threw on a robe! Very nice. Then it was upstairs for Tom's French Toast with fruit. Delicious. All the food there was great! Omelettes made to order, poached apples, pancakes....Yum! Needles to say, we took a little break from our diet this weekend. We have a little adventure Saturday which you can read about below and concluded the day with a carriage ride through historical Arcardi and Ironton. We learned a lot about the history of the area. I really enjoyed it.


We decided this was one of the best weekend getaways we have ever had. Thank you to James for doing such a good job of planning and making it so special for me. I love you and I'm looking forward to many more years of suprises and adventures with you!





Nostalgic Place --One buliding of a Methodist school for girls that has been renovated.

We spent some time at Elephant Rocks State Park before we checked in.


The sitting area of our suite and my beautiful roses!



The big, beautiful bed and tub.




On Saturday we went to Taum Sauk Mountain State Park. We decided to do a hike to Mina Sauk Falls, the state's highest wet weather waterfall. This was one of the views along the way.





We hiked about and hour before we finally reached the falls. It was very pretty. Everyone said it is even better when there has been more rain.






We hung out there for a while and enjoyed the scenery. It was very hot! There wasn't any shade there.







James really wanted to get in some water to cool off. After we finished at the waterfall we had an hour hike back out a different way. By the time we got back it was about 1 in the afternoon, and we were drenched with sweat! We were ready for a little down time.








When we got back to our suite we decided to enjoy our picnic they had prepared inside. It was a very nice feast for two hungry hikers. Tom ( one of the owners) brewed me some blueberry tea that was amazing and thirst quenching! They are so thoughtful!









Here we are in front of our suite entrance. The yard is as beautiful as the inside.













3 comments:

  1. Congrats guys... I'm so happy you had such a wonderful weekend! You deserve it, and good job JAMES!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eric says- quit raising the bar James!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you guys had such a nice time. Your kids are great and are welcome any time. By the way, Brenna will be needing a home away from home soon.

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete