Friday, June 5, 2009

Camp Barnabas Bound!

A group of my friends from church got to go to Camp Barnabas yesterday to do the Party People program. It was amazing! We have a group of our youth there this week as counselors, kitchen help, cabin moms, and barnstormers who get to clean a lot of toilets. We were given a tour of the camp by the girl that Camp Barnabas was actually created for. The whole experience is a little overwhelming. Seeing our kids give so much of themselves to give these campers the best week possible is such a blessing to me. They are with their camper 23 hours a day for 7 days. A very big responsibility. It really makes me think about how the camper's families live every day. It makes me feel very blessed to have the happy, healthy family that I have. It also inspires me to want to do more for those who are less fortunate. I'm looking forward to more opportunities to serve at Camp Barnabas in the future.

I've posted a couple of picture of our kids with their campers, and I think they really show the spirit of camp.


Our party people group at Inspiration Point.
Beautiful!

Cabin moms Becky and Angela.



Richelle with her very talented camper after
her dinner performance.


Emilee and her camper at dinner.






1 comment: