Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Carson's Big Overnight

Last weekend we had a fun overnight visit from our friend Carson. We had invited him a while back, but I wasn't sure if he would actually stay. So I asked him again when we met Leslie and him for lunch and he was excited to come home with Hailey and Tyler. We went back to his house and got his things and hit the road. We hadn't even been gone 10 min. when he started wondering how far away my house was. He kept asking why it was so far, but we finally made it. I hope he had as much fun as we did! Here are some of the things he did during his visit.


He played Wii 4x4 racing. His favorite thing to drive was the school bus. He tried really hard!
Carson wanted to pet Wishbone and Boo, but I think he was a little scared of them. He also did not like hearing Ty's dirtbike. He couldn't get the door shut tight enough not to hear it.

We made Mommy a birthday cake. Carson said, " I always dump." So he dumped the cherries.


" I always lick!"
"Mommy, I can't tell you anything!" I should note that he said that right after I told Leslie I would go get him out of the closet if she wanted to talk to him.


He did enjoy some chocolate milk.


On Saturday we had cake and ice cream before we went to the derby. Carson was being silly.

Oh, I almost forgot our game of musical beds. Carson went to sleep great with Hailey, but quickly rooted her out of bed. I found her curled up on the living room floor and told her to go get in my bed. I slept on the couch until James and Tyler got up to hunt then got in his bed.
All the while Carson is stretched out like a king in Hailey's bed until 7:22 when he woke up looking for Mommy and Daddy. Sounds crazy, but it happens around here pretty often.
Thanks Eric and Leslie for letting him come!


3 comments:

  1. Oh my! He's quite the character isn't he? And yes, he had a great time. Thanks for letting him come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I missed something - why did you put him in the closet????? :)

    ReplyDelete